Ah...it's at times like this that I can take a moment to reminisce on my life and I am aware of the true richness of God's blessings to me. We had a wonderful weekend with David and Kara in Louisville and then camping at Natural Bridge State Park.
The last time we hiked up to the Bridge, I was 7 months pregnant with Ethan. Just to see him hiking up the trail with the inevitable stick in his hand filled my heart. How much has happened in the last few years. Ethan reminded us too, that the journey was just as important as the destination as he stopped to draw in the dirt, exclaim over a furry caterpillar, and laugh as his Uncle chased him over the rocks.
To get to know Kara was such a joy as well. There are few people in this world that I find the more you get to know, the more you feel the peace of God's presence as it spills over from them to you. My sweet husband is one of these people, and this weekend I realized Kara has that same presence about her. What a joy to be surrounded by people in whom it is so easy to see Christ and His love.
All in all, a great start to my fourth year! My prayer is that I never stop to smell the roses as Ethan shows me everyday and that I never take these wonderful people in my life for granted.

No comments:
Post a Comment