Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ICE STORM

So here I am sitting in a hotel room in Dallas, TX for the second straight day, stranded, a 'distressed passenger.' (Sounds so sad, I didn't know that term till a couple of days ago.) It has made me realize just how much I cherished playing with Thomas trains in the late afternoon, or playing hide and seek in the evening or cooking dinner for my boys. I can't believe just how much I miss the little voice that gives me running commentary on George's antics or Thomas and his friends. Or how much I want to see the smiling face of my husband and know I am right where I am supposed to be... distressed passenger is not far from the truth. Here's hoping that Louisville airport is up and running tomorrow. In the meantime, I will run off my frustration in the hotel fitness center...

1 comment:

hotlasagna said...

sad, what were you doing in dallas, I love dallas! thats where i did my missionary work!