
By request, the poem I wrote for David & Kara's wedding, CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS to you two!
The Wedding Day
An April day in spring colors,
I hear the wedding bells; see the joyful faces, the beautiful bride
and my mind goes back, as I watch you with pride,
to another April day, when I sat waiting among the flowers.
‘It’s a boy,’ they said as I looked down at my baby brother
knowing you as one kindred spirit to another
And thru the years, how true it was,
co-conspirators, midnight jaunts, secret societies with a cause.
You taught me how boys think
as I watched you grow, from diapers and Lego
to piano lessons and philosophy, it seemed to fly by in a wink.
Suddenly, adulthood was upon us, and little did I know
that the boy I used to babysit, would now be
big brother, counselor, teacher, in God’s perfect plan.
I looked at you – so much I could see,
the little boy had become a man.
A man with the same brown eyes,
kind heart, generous spirit, passion for perfection.
So young in years and yet so wise.
You always put God as your single direction.
So here we are, my brother, my friend.
The years have formed you to be,
the noble husband of a beautiful family.
From your childhood playmate, all my love and joy to you I send.
~Ruth, April 4, 2009

No comments:
Post a Comment